top of page

Group

Public·13 members

eComStation 2.1 ISO: How to Get and Use the Modern OS/2

Web site: ecomstation.comOrigin: USACategory: DesktopDesktop environment: GUIArchitecture: x86Based on: OS/2Wikipedia: eComStationMedia: InstallThe last version Released: 2.2 beta 2 December 13, 2013

ecomstation 2.1 iso download

eComStation 2.1 Business Edition for professional useThe business edition includes 2 months of Software Subscription & Support. This includes installation / implementation support and the right to download any software version upgrades released during the subscription period.

We can download an installation ISO image for OS/2 Warp 4 from WinWorld, available here. The image I downloaded is IBM OS2 Warp 4.52 (4.52.14.086_W4), the last retail image of OS/2 Warp 4 with all previous system updates, similar to "Windows XP with SP3".

The downloaded archive contains two ISO images, Boot and Client. The Boot ISO is used for starting the OS/2 installation wizard, and later the installer will tell you to take the Boot CD out and insert the Client CD with OS files.

kLIBC can be downloaded from Arca Noae's repo (the company that maintains ArcaOS). It's free, and is available as an exe file. Download klibccfg_1_0_2_2.exe from this page on Arca Noae repo, copy into VM, and install.

The next thing is ANPM, ArcaOS package manager, based on RPM and YUM. ANPM is free itself and can also be downloaded from the page on Arca Noae repo. Download anpm_1_0_5.exe in folder 105, copy into VM and install.

After installation, double click folder Arca Noae Package Manager on desktop and launch ANPM package manager. On the first start, it will need to download an RPM and YUM environment and will let you choose an architecture:

After the download is complete, ANPM will ask about the target drive, select drive C. But do not reboot yet after installation is done. There is a bug with ANPM installation process that will fail to change some settings, causing RPM and YUM to work abnormally. We need to do the edits by hand.

Why download Firefox directly? Because the RPM packaged Firefox is only available in Arca Noae's paid software repo, and the free repo we're using right now doesn't have Firefox available. But this will not stop us from downloading Firefox ourselves.

Since Arca Noae's repo is located out of mainland China, if you happen to be in mainland China, you will need to wait patiently for the low download speed. In the meantime, YUM may tell you that Rpmdb checksum is invalid; you may safely ignore them.

I choose the second link, Firefox v. 45.9.0 (15/4/2019, Dave Yeo). This version corresponds to the i386 universal version for Firefox 45.9.0. Theoretically, you may download the first Firefox v. 45.9.0 (Optimized version for Pentium M, 26/5/2019, Dave Yeo) optimized for Pentium M, but I haven't tried it.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page